Monday, August 6, 2012

Lake of the Ozarks

Just got back from an amazing trip to the Ozarks with the Johnson side of the family and it was a blast!  We shared a gorgeous lake house with two different families they are close to (more like mansion-it slept 16 people!) and were able to use their yacht the whole time to boat to different coves, restaurants, bars, etc..  Both of us took so many pics, but I'll just go ahead and post some from my phone on here to give you a glimpse:  (I swear, we will get Minnesota and Ozarks pics up to our Picasa page soon!)

Best BBQ EVER!  Had to stop here on the way...


Basement family room

Our bedroom-they like a lot of color!

View from deck


52 steps total...in 104 degree heat and preggo=I should get my own Olympic medal for even attempting this at all!

Upstairs living room

Kitchen/living room-love the open floor plan and modern decor!

Dream kitchen!

Screened-in porch:  add to dream house board on pinterest.  One of my favorite places to hang out!

The steepest driveway in the world.  Seriously, pretty terrifying to drive/walk up and down.

BFF's!  (Josh and niece Emerson)

Reunited buds

Front of the yacht-I could get used to this ;)


I'm sure he'll love that I posted this one hehe :)

22 weeks!  Feeling LOTS of baby kicks!!


Brosephs

Playing our favorite card game: Cards Against Humanity

X-Box Kinect Dance game

Before our golf outing...I'm almost a pro now! :)


Gifts from Nana (Patty) to Baby J <3 after trip to outlet mall

Making our famous chicken enchiladas-we made 46 total!!!



Emerson & Jacob being cute together

I couldn't resist posting this haha funny but cute at the same time...

Baby J's first pair of Jordans!  I can't get over how ADORABLE and TINY these are?!?


One of the funniest conversations I've ever partaken in...

We stayed in KC Saturday night and went to one of my favorites-Brio!  Just what my preggo belly needed :)  I had pasta alla vodka and this was Josh's favorite lasagna dish.

Discovered the coolest movie theater ever in KC-where you can recline all the way back and watch the movie in lazy boys!  It's an AMC theater in Westbrook maybe?

Oh and we saw Total Recall-it was alright.  Not my fave but loved the theater!
And lastly, I should probably give a baby update before I forget!  Baby J is KICKING like crazy!  I love it!  It seems like every couple of days the amount of kicks are increasing and intensity of them is getting a little stronger as well.  During Total Recall, he pretty much kicked 95% of the movie!  Part of me thinks he didn't like the loud noise and the other part thinks it could have been due to the fact that I ate a lot of Sour Patch kids. haha!  I hope it was neither and he was just feelin' feisty! 

I love feeling him kick though.  Whenever it happens, I can't help but smile and laugh a little bit to myself.  Or make some obnoxious baby comment like, "Baby heard that!  Or doesn't like this music!" :)  I did read that in the coming weeks, they may start to hurt a little and he might even start kicking my ribs-that's kind of a scary thought!  But...all worth it of course and part of this amazing experience. 

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures and summary. Thanks for sharing. It was a great time.

    ReplyDelete