I know this sounds crazy, but I didn't realize I was in the third trimester already! I can't believe it. The first half of my pregnancy seemed to move SO SLOW, but now it feels like it's moving so fast! I really can't believe we only have around 3 months left before we get to meet our little guy! It's very surreal.
I feel like we're on track with everything-nursery, birthing classes, registry, etc. but at the same time, haven't done a ton of reading on what to do once he's here. (breastfeeding, sleeping, etc.) I hope that comes naturally and if not, I know I have a few people I can go to for advice! (that and the internet + all the baby books we have) Ugh, I can't get myself to read through every chapter of those books though. They seem never-ending. What did people do before all of these crazy books were written? Just go with their natural instinct, obviously. So I'm going to try to do a little of both I guess and hope it works out!
It's also strange to think about how different our lives will become once he arrives. I want to savor the little things that Josh and I can do so easily as a couple now, even if it's just our time together to watch our favorite shows or cook a meal. I know that we'll still be able to do all of the things that we love, but it just won't be as easy once the baby comes. So I definitely am not taking any of our time together for granted!
On the flip side, both of us are so ready for December! There's only so much you can do up until then. It's an extremely long waiting game. And I'm constantly reminded of him by the size of my ever-growing belly! (note to self: take more belly pics! I've been slacking) The good thing is, we have a lot to look forward to leading up to his birth (hello football, everything FALL, Halloween, Thanksgiving!) so I think it will go by pretty fast. Until then, I'll just have to keep daydreaming to get by. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment