I haven't been on Pinterest a lot lately, (I hate being "that person", but I was one of the first people on it and now that everyone has it, I'm not as interested anymore-HAHA!) but I re-ignited my addiction once I found out I was pregnant.
Why? Well I thought it was for baby-inspiration boards, but lately it's been more about the delicious food that goes viral on everyone's pinterest feeds.
The end of the day, right before dinner, is probably one of the worst possible times (EVER) to look at these boards. I'm not sure why I keep doing it to myself. It's complete torture...
Those who know me well know that I can sometimes be a picky eater and generally don't eat that much. I wouldn't say I'm a health-nut by any means, but I try to keep everything in moderation. Lately, this has changed.
My appetite is RIDICULOUS. It seems each week it keeps getting bigger and bigger. Things I never enjoyed before or since I was a little kid (think anything sweet-I used to only have a "salty-tooth") I now crave 24/7. Don't get me started on ice cream...I pretty much have some every day. But...(I know what I'm about to say is kind of horrible, but it has been my saving grace a few times when I've almost gone overboard) I always stop myself before going too crazy. My mantra is: "You are not going to get like Jessica Simpson...You are not going to get like Jessica Simpson."* So...that pretty much stops me from pigging out completely. That probably sounds pretty shallow, but let's be honest-nothing about her pregnancy was healthy if you kept up with it like I did via US Weekly/the internet/everywhere.
I'm trying to eat healthy snacks throughout the day and if I end up eating some pizza or ice cream at night, whatever. Everyone keeps telling me "now is the time to indulge!" but, I think I'll just stick to what I've always done and just try to keep it healthy as much as I can without over-thinking it too much. And not kicking myself if I do go a little overboard sometimes. :)
I write this post because as of right now, I am starving. And can't wait to go home and finally eat something other than healthy snacks at my desk. BABY IS STURVING!
*Note: I love Jessica Simpson and am a huge fan of hers! She's my height so just hyper-sensitive to gaining as much weight as she did. It's different when you are short :)
Enjoy eating as much as you want now because in your third trimester your baby will take up so much space that you will only be able to eat little bits at a time before you get uncomfortable OR before the heartburn kicks in!
ReplyDelete