Sunday, May 13, 2012

My First Mother's Day!

Today has been a great "First Mother's Day!" :)  I honestly wasn't really expecting anything, but should have guessed my thoughtful-loves-to-surprise-me husband would have a few things up his sleeve!

First, I woke up to find an AMAZING surprise in my inbox: a Lullabelly Prenatal Music Belt!



















I had never heard of this (and neither had he), but I know this thing is going to get a TON of use by us.  You basically just plug in your favorite tunes to the belt and the baby can jam out with you!  Such a cool find!  We were planning on playing a ton of different music for the babe, so this will just make it that much easier!  And for those worrying (Mom), in order to protect the baby's ears, the volume has a limit.  They said it's comparable to us talking or singing aloud.  Josh seriously is the best gift-giver!  His gifts are always so incredibly thoughtful and unique. I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out!

So, next up was a trip to one of our favorite places on earth-the Henry Doorly Zoo!  We were going to go to brunch, but my stomach had that "gotta eat now or I could possibly get sick" feeling so we made a detour to Taco John's.  (I haven't had Taco John's for a loooong time but it was the only thing on the way that sounded okay.)  Potato ole's + cheese sauce = deliciousness.

We ended up at the zoo around 10 AM, thinking the earlier we went, the better.  Well, I really don't think there is a "good time" to go to the zoo on Mother's Day, or any day where it's beautiful out.  It was pretty crowded, with LOTS of kids running around. (I have to start getting used to-or at least not get annoyed by- things like that... :) )  My favorite part was the Skyfari.  It was so nice out-early enough to still have a nice breeze and after some walking around, nice to just be able to sit and relax.  We ran into our friend Greg, married to my friend Libby, who works with the animals in the Lied Jungle so that was pretty cool too!

We left a little earlier than usual because I was starting to feel a little tired and hungry, so off we went to find my latest craving: BBQ.  This part actually would take a while to write, but long story short, we ended up going to three different places (2/3 were closed because of Mother's day, and each of them were on complete opposite ends of town) finally landing on Famous Daves.  We seriously got our food within 2 minutes of ordering and it was everything my pregnant self dreamed it would be!

Once we got home, I was ready to pass out from a food coma, but not before my own Mama came to visit before heading back to Lincoln!  She surprised me with a couple of books (a Sookie Stackhouse novel and a baby book :) )!  I was happy to get to see her on Mother's day, even if it was just for a little bit!

This is getting kind of long, so I apologize!  Just want to make sure I include everything!  Last but not least, Josh found this delicious recipe from foodgawker.com of basically miniature chicken pot pies, and that is what we are about to finish off the night with before watching our Sunday night shows.  (we sound so domesticated! haha)  It was a great day and I can't imagine what it will be like next year with the baby! :)


2 comments: