Two weekends ago we went to Lawrence, KS for my cousin, Tim's wedding. We had a blast and got to see my mom's side of the family that we don't get to see very often. I've never been to Lawrence but it seemed like a fun college town-their downtown reminded me of "O" Street in Lincoln. Lots of bars and stuff going on at night!
I think I might have been a little bloated because my bump seemed to really appear that weekend and then go down a little this weekend. So strange! It's definitely noticeable if I wear the right clothing, but it didn't feel as prominent as it did when I was in my purple dress. Maybe that material made it appear bigger?
![]() |
| Did I just eat too much ice cream this weekend?! |
| You can kind of see a belly in this pic! |
Friday night I met up with Josh in Benson at Beercade (Josh's team had an outing there that afternoon) then tried a new restaurant called "Lot 2". I would give it 3/5 stars if I was a restaurant reviewer, but I'm not so this is just for you fine friends. I think they are trying a little too hard to be a fancy/hipster joint, if that makes sense, and the food I ordered was really, really bland. But, the appetizer (brisket with carmelized onions and gruyere cheese on baguettes) was tasty! Josh seemed to like his fancy grilled cheese but I still think we could come up with something way better in our own kitchen! :)
After that, we were close to Jenny and Dan's so we stopped by and hung out with them and the kiddos for a while. Josh got to be relive his childhood and play neighborhood baseball with Charlie and Ben's little friends! haha It was really cute. I know he's going to be an awesome dad! He already has so much fun with other kids that I can only imagine what he will be like with ours! (Trips to Disney World and crazy amounts of toys come to mind-or just really insane flying objects all around our house! haha)
| Not the best picture I've ever taken... |
We had a lazy Sunday and got takeout from Le Peep for Father's Day and I got Josh a new cookbook and book of quotes about becoming a dad. All we wanted to do was just relax and not do anything so we started watching some new shows and just chilled on the couch. Josh made some delicious Chicken Parmesan and oven roasted potatoes for dinner. I love his cooking!
Well, that pretty much sums it up! Until next time...





What an interesting entry! Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDelete