Friday, June 22, 2012

Random (pregnancy) thoughts


1.  Dreams:  I've been having some strange ones lately.  I had a very vivid dream last night where we had a baby girl and she looked like Josh-dark hair, big green eyes, a little bit darker skin and of course, his long eyelashes ;)  It was so real!  And then later on, I had another dream that we had twins-a boy and a girl.  I wonder how the old wives tales would interpret this?  I think one of them says that whatever you dream you are having, you are having the opposite.  So far 99% of my baby dreams have been about having girls so...I guess we're having a boy!  haha Seriously, who knows.  The massage therapist I went to last week seems to think I'm having a boy because of where all of my back pain is too.  (lower)  I guess time will tell...in exactly 3 weeks! Ahhh can't wait!!

2.  Sweet tooth:  is INSANE right now.  Another old wives tale says that means you are having a girl...I still think it's the alcohol thing.  I used to drink really sweet drinks so it does make some sense.  So glad we have a lake to walk around during lunch to feel a little bit better about my ice cream and rice krispie intake.  (Jenny-you can stop rolling your eyes now...)

3.  I love Spotify.  Josh and I have a "collaborative playlist" for the baby and my belly band that plays music-I've used it once so far because I think the ears are just now starting to hear a little.  (Another funny thing I've read:  supposedly they've done tests in-utero and babies apparently show signs of HATING rock music-especially drums-but love classical and relaxing music.  I thought that was funny and made sure not to include anything that would "upset" him or her haha)

4.  Pregnancy brain:  I haven't really had any instances of this until recently.  But then again, I think it could happen even if I wasn't pregnant.  (I've been known to put the milk in our kitchen cupboard before...)  Like today during lunch, I went through the drive-thru for Runza and it was PACKED so I was waiting forever, listening to baby-friendly music and all of a sudden I'm at the window.  I told the lady I forgot to order and felt a little panicked like she'd tell me to go back to the end of the line and actually order, but she was nice and let me order at the window.  I don't think the people behind me were very happy because it took a while to get my salad out.  (Sorry guys!)

5.  Sookie jumping:  we're really working hard on not letting her jump when she first sees us.  She mainly jumps on me and I totally think that's a dominance thing.  Researching what to do to fix this little habit.  I love her so much and know we can get her re-trained.  Also, she's so sweet with people-it's just the first initial excitement of when she sees you enter the house.  Maybe I should apply to be on one of those dog shows where they come and help reform your dog's bad habits?  That's really the only thing she has trouble with...


Anyway, I guess I'm not thinking about much else lately, huh?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment