Monday, June 4, 2012

Starting to feel large and in charge

Josh and I went to lunch today at Charleston's and I was able to expense it as my birthday lunch (my boss is in Dallas so she wanted me to be able to at least expense a good lunch if she couldn't be there) and although I didn't eat MUCH more than usual, I am feeling seriously huge today.

I had heard from former preggo women that even though you may feel like you could eat a house, your stomach is slowly losing room and to be careful because you can start feeling really full and sick if you over do it.  Well, I don't think I completely over-did it today, but we did have queso and chips as an appetizer so that probably didn't help things.  I ate half of a chicken salad sandwich (a weird new craving of mine this past week)-they make pretty big sandwiches-and probably three fries. (they weren't the good kind)

Anyway, long story short, my stomach is now protruding a few extra inches more than it already has been, and although it's almost been 2 hours, I can't seem to shake this uncomfortable feeling of fullness.  It feels like I just ate Thanksgiving dinner and need to go lay on a couch in elastic-banded pants and pass out. (lovely image!) I guess the moral of this story is to eat even slower than I already do, take a few more breaths in-between bites and don't be fooled by a ginormous chicken salad sandwich cut in half. 

Sorry for my food postings-but food takes up a lot of my time these days!  Another weird random food theory I heard this weekend:  my friend Avery told me that her friend's doctor told her that if you crave sweets (which I do) and never really liked them before (that's me!), then it's probably due to you not being able to drink.  That sounds kind of awful but I don't think they meant it as a "you drank like a fish before!" type of classification.  Basically, if you didn't drink at all or very often before, this would be the difference between you and I craving sweets when we're pregnant.  I guess it could make sense. 


No comments:

Post a Comment