This week has been so strange. I feel like it just started and yet it's already almost the weekend! Which means this is my last actual week of work until MARCH! So.weird. Which also means I'm THAT much closer to finally meeting Julian Michael Johnson!! (9 (10) months of anticipation finally coming to an end...)
Being able to work from home this week has been such a blessing. I'm really lucky to work from a company that's so flexible and accommodating when it comes to these things. My manager is awesome-she had a baby last year and did the same thing before she went on maternity leave so she's been really understanding. Just being able to wear comfy clothes and not get ready for work is amazing but also being able to rest a little bit in-between calls and last-minute work assignments has done wonders for me this week. I'm feeling very well-rested and not as much pressure to have things outside of work done before he arrives!
This also means I have all of next week to either a) mentally/physically prepare for Julian's arrival or b) do things to distract me while waiting for him to arrive. Kind of one in the same I guess, but you get what I'm saying. That's a lot of time to think. But I'm very grateful for it.
The hardest part for me is not knowing when the big day is going to come. At my appointment on Tuesday, the doctor basically said not to plan on him coming before his due date. At least she's honest with me...then she started talking induction. Kind of freaked me out, but I know so many people that have gotten induced that it makes me feel better about this possibility...and it wouldn't be so bad to have an actual date planned out to look forward to!
Ah, I just can't wait to meet him...he's pretty much all I think about 24/7. (same with his Daddy!) I'm trying not to get too nervous about the actual labor and delivery part...when I do, I try to talk to other mom's or read up on positive birth stories or just use the power of positive thinking but my favorite thing to do is look at his ultrasound pictures and remember what all of this ultimately leads up to...us finally meeting him! I can't even imagine what that will be like. So surreal. (have I used that phrase too much on this blog? haha! I feel like I have but how else do you describe something as monumental as this?!)
I keep reminding
myself is that this is something our bodies were made to do, women have
been doing it from the dawn of time and I'm delivering at a great
hospital with a doctor who has a lot of experience. (hopefully she's the
one to deliver!) Just trying to stay focused on the positive and get
more excited/less anxious. I think these last few days have helped me
get more in that frame of mind...
Happy/excited/anxious. Thanks for listening! :)
Thanks for sharing. I know you will be a great mom because you already are!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
MOM