I thought I'd share some of the things I've been trying in an attempt to get Julian to make an appearance before his due date...just for laughs...
(Side note: I went to a midwife today because my doctor was out of town this week for Thanksgiving and no progress since Friday. I did, however, lose a pound! Definitely not expected, especially because I have been retaining a lot of fluid so thought the opposite would happen! More on that later...I read that losing weight could be a sign of labor to come soon...but...not getting my hopes up!) Also, baby is in perfect position for birth! Even though I didn't make much "progress", she said I am in a good spot for being a little over 37 weeks and effacement is all that really matters at this point. So...until next week!
 |
| Supposedly helps bring on labor naturally...so far, it seems like an old wives tale and I don't enjoy eating these so fine with that! |
 |
| Tried some spicy Thai food last night...(I asked for a 7 on a scale from 1-10, 10 being the hottest!) |
 |
| Pineapple-supposed to help soften the cervix...I love pineapple and eat it almost every day so it's really a win-win :) |
 |
| WALKING. This is a result of walking a lot (and possibly consuming things with too much sodium in them so I am looking out for that now.) Almost didn't post because of how scary this looks but they checked me out today so nothing to worry about! Just a lovely side effect that can happen once you get to be full-term! |
 |
| This just makes me laugh. I love when she does this. |
 |
| Random pic but also cracked me up last night: Josh couldn't decide what to eat for his "second dinner" so he wrote his choices down and picked from the pile. One of the many things I love about him...he can always make me laugh! :) |
I know I've already said this a million times, but Josh has been incredible throughout this whole pregnancy. (and all the time, really) He's always helping by making things less stressful at home whether it's cooking or cleaning (I still try to help out but sometimes I am too tired by the end of the day) or just being supportive and listening or finding ways to make me feel better. He opens up his Daddy book almost every night and knows more than I do about certain things! I know he is going to be the best Dad-very hands-on already and we are going to be great partners-in-crime for this whole parenting-thing :) My heart swells up every time he talks about how excited he is for him to get here already, things he can't wait to do with him and just seeing him get things ready for the big day. He packed his Daddy bag last night for the hospital (another image I love seeing). We're ready, baby!
Today is my last day in the office-so crazy! I'll try to keep posting on this up until the big day...can't believe it's just around the corner! Cannot.wait. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment