Thursday, September 13, 2012
28 weeks! & "Embracing" pregnancy
Hard to believe, but I am now officially 7 months through my pregnancy! Or 28 weeks. That sounds really close, but everyone always forgets that dirty little secret that you're actually pregnant for 10 months, not 9. (why didn't they just go with 10 from the beginning? what a cruel joke!)
It's very surreal to think all the way back to when we first found out we were having baby J, to where we've been since, where we are now (check out that BELLY!!) and even crazier...what's to come in just a few short months!
Part of me has been struggling to "embrace" this whole experience lately, the way other women like to make you think you should. YES, it is incredible to know that the two of us created this little human being inside of my body and realize all of the miracles taking place on a daily basis, but can we just get real for a minute and for once talk about how crappy it can be?! Feeling physically stretched to the max, carrying around extra weight, finding difficulty in the smallest of things, not getting SLEEP (having to wake up to pee every 2 hours, restless leg syndrome, baby kicks or just being restless in general)...at this point in the pregnancy are starting to take their toll on me. I know it's all part of the process and it could be a LOT worse, but everyone needs a second to vent sometimes. Honestly, most of the time I feel pretty great but this last week I feel like there was a huge growth spurt and I'm just starting to get used to some of the new feelings that come along with the third trimester.
It's hard for me to imagine getting any bigger than I already am these next few months-how can your body seriously stretch any further?!-but I know it's inevitable because baby needs to grow. He's only 2 lbs right now and from the looks of it, probably going to be a big boy! Either way, it's totally worth it and I cannot wait to meet him. These little "obstacles" are just temporary and every woman has to go through them, so I am going to do my best to quit complaining, look at the bright side of things and just try to embrace all of this because it really is a special gift to be able to go through this, and not one that everyone gets to experience. It's all worth it in the end. <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment