Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend

We started the weekend (I count Thursdays as the start of the weekend sometimes) with Mandy's golden 25th birthday downtown at Jackson Street Tavern.  We haven't made it downtown for a while so it was nice to go back there and experience the Old Market for a few hours.  My goal was to eat Ted and Wally's, but by the time we left-there was a line out the door so we decided to go to DQ instead.

Mandy's birthday card-she loves the Biebs!

Me and the golden birthday girl!  I look extra shiny-it was hot!

Saturday Josh and I went golfing with Ed and Patty at Pacific Springs.  I can still manage 9 holes, but I have noticed my swing is a little off due to my growing belly and sometimes I get a little winded!  It's still fun to be outdoors and stay somewhat active though!  The weather was perfect in the morning.

That evening we went to our family friend Pat & Jane Wilkins' wedding in Lincoln.  It was outdoors at the Sheldon Art Museum and reception at the Apothecary.  I wish I would have taken more pictures.  :(  Josh and I left for a bit to try Brix & Stone Gastro Pub in the Hay Market and it was DELICIOUS.  Highly recommend!



Beef brisket wontons with Thai chili sauce-SO GOOD!

Some sort of stuffed chicken with gouda cheese and mashed potatoes

Hawaiian pizza-one of the best I've ever had!

C-C and Molly

Mom getting rowdy!

He loved holding Molly while she was asleep <3

My phone couldn't capture them quick enough so all of these pics turned out blurry :(


BFFs
On a different note, I have been starting to feel the baby kick a lot lately!  In the last week he has started kicking me at random times of the day...and a lot harder than the flutters I was feeling before!  So crazy.  Sometimes it's in the same spot and then a few minutes later it can be somewhere else.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised given his ultrasound (he wouldn't stop moving!).  Now it seems like I feel him early in the morning, after I eat or drink something sweet and before bed.  But mainly after I eat he seems to "wake up" and start going crazy! haha I love it!  I can't wait until Josh can feel him too!

We're getting ready to go to the Ozarks with Josh's side of the family tomorrow.  I've never been so excited to see what it's all about!


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and all your pictures! Even better than Calibraska.

    ReplyDelete