So much has happened in the last couple of weeks-we just got back from a week-long trip with my parents, Jenny/Dan/Boys/Molly and the Wilkins to Ten Mile Lake in Northern Minnesota...one of my favorite places on earth! So beautiful and peaceful up there. A nice getaway. Once we upload the 2,000 pictures we took with our new camera (also a new development-we got a SWEET Canon EOS 60D -I think-which is amazing. Just call us PAPARAZZI from now on, because you know we'll be taking yo' picture 24/7! hahaha) I'll post the Picasa link in this post!
| Molly and Uncle "Dah!" |
Onto the really big and exciting news...
We had our 19 week ultrasound last Friday and we found out that we are having a BOY!!! It was seriously one of the coolest things I've ever experienced and I'm so glad Josh and I got to experience it together. To think that a few months back at our first ultrasound, he was just a little blob is crazy. Now he looks like an actual little man-with perfect little arms, legs, body and profile! We love him so much already. He's perfect.
When the nurse asked if we wanted to know the gender it took about 2 seconds to realize we were having a boy! He was in the prime position to show off his goods! haha (By the way, everyone has seemed to be quite impressed with that image...yes, we posted it on FaceBook-it's a BABY people, chill out :) My only concern was him being mad at us when he's older-but if he's anything like me and Josh-he'll laugh about it and think it's hilarious one day)
Anyway, I have a feeling he is going to be really active already-he would NOT stop moving for the ultrasound nurse (sonographer?) so it took a while longer to get all of the shots that she needed. P.S. I love Methodist Women's hospital! They gave us a DVD of the ultrasound that we've already watched about 10 times. So nice of them and such a great thing to have to look at and eventually look back on.
I've been noticing more flutters lately-always a nice little surprise when I'm least expecting it! Can't wait for the big kicks that will start in the coming weeks!
Now that we know, we are getting started on the nursery (Josh and his dad put together the crib this weekend!) and registering. It feels like time is starting to really fly by now!
That last pic is of Sookie sleeping in a strange position...just felt like posting it :) She looked like she lost weight while we were gone!
Sooo exciting!! Let me know if you need advice on stuff to register for! :)
ReplyDelete